My Mariposa Home (MMH) is an 18-month transitional housing program for adult female survivors of human trafficking, sexual assault and domestic violence. MMH also serves as a multi-phase restorative program rooted in trauma informed care. It is a unique new program, opened in May of 2019, which will have a transformational impact on the community. This new program assists women (single adult women, pregnant women, and mothers with children under three years of age) who have been survivors of human trafficking, domestic violence, or sexual assault with transitional housing and trauma informed supportive services. The overall program focus is to provide for the emotional and physical needs of women survivors and their children. We provide supportive services that enhance protective factors and promote self-sufficiency in a safe and stable environment. The program services and outcomes will strive to help survivors reach sustainable economic independence throughout their restorative journey.
Requirements for residents
- Women at least 18 years of age.
- A survivor of human trafficking, domestic violence, or sexual assault.
- Permanent resident or U-Visa status.
- Not under imminent threat from others.
- Not a imminent threat to herself or others.
- Has maintained sobriety at least 30 days.
- Is willing to do the hard work it will require to have a new life which includes pursuing educational, vocational, or employment endeavors.
- Is willing to live in a community setting with peers and children.
Adoption is a gift of life, love & hope.
Our Adoption program at Providence Place has helped create close to 6,000 families through adoption.
Our Unique Home
My Mariposa Home believes that every woman has the right to reach her full potential in life, being supported and empowered to achieve Economic Independence in her future. Through our multi-phase program she will be assisted in the development of necessary skills including Life Skills, Job Readiness, Counseling, and Parenting Education. These skills will empower her to transform her future and community.
- Case Management & Life Skills.
- Parenting Classes.
- Material Assistance.
We also offer these services in the community for victims of crime and/ or parents with a child under three years of age. Video counseling available for community clients upon request.