Providence Place facilitates two types of adoption:
Private Infant Adoption where the birth mother chooses the family and together they make a mutual plan to continue contact with the family and their baby after the adoption. Families may live anywhere in the state of Texas.
Foster Care Adoption which places children 0-17 years old who are already in the care of DFPS (Department of Family and Protective Services). Families fostering and adopting through the DFPS program must live in or around San Antonio.
Eligibility criteria for families
Families interested in adopting through Providence Place must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 21 and 65 years old.
- Have a high school diploma/GED equivalent.
- Financially stable & insured with sufficient funds to take on the cost of an additional child.
- Have safe and reliable transportation.
- Be in good physical health with a clean criminal background.
- Emotionally and mentally healthy and mature.
- Must attend required orientation, preservice and annual trainings.
- Must agree to abide by the child adoption expectations of the state of Texas.
- Must agree to refrain from corporal punishment and report all serious incidents.
Adoption is a gift of life, love & hope.
- Private Adoption: 0-3 years of age.
- TDFPS Foster & Adoption: 0-17 years of age.
- We also license Transitional Living Foster Homes that serve young adults 18-22 years of age.
- Providence Place serves DFPS verified homes located within the 75 mile radius surrounding Providence Place located at 6487 Whitby Road, San Antonio.
- Families interested in our Private Adoption Program may live anywhere in the state of Texas.